If not using the BLE radio, the following reduced BOM can be used:
- Tie VCC together with VDDP/VDDH/VDDA/VDDB to battery supply
- Connect all VSS pins, including VSSB, to PCB GND
- Leave both 32MHz clock pins unconnected/floating
- RFIOP – leave unconnected/floating, RFIOM – Connect to PCB GND
- No cap needed on DVDD, leave pin unconnected/floating
If 96MHz burst mode will NOT be used: Short VDDBH_SW, VDDBH, and VDCDCRF together (but keep 4.7uF cap on VDDBH)
If 96MHz burst mode may be used: The 1uH inductor between VDDBH_SW and VDDBH is required and a 4.7uF cap on VDDBH. VDDBH shorted to VDCDCRF (or 0-ohm resistor between them as in EVB).
NOTE: If using 3.3V supply voltage then for the lowest power operation without BLE functionality the SDK function am_bsp_ble_3p3c_low_power_mode() (added in AmbiqSuite 2.5) should be called during initialization.
Please sign in to leave a comment.